Maunganui All Day Kindergarten aims to work in partnership with parents. Our introduction process helps families get to know the teaching team and kindergarten operation. You are welcome at the kindergarten at all times and we encourage you to stay and share in sessions with your child whenever you wish.
Because our lives are all different, we have a variety of ways to keep in touch with you and for you to have input into the education of your child:
- Maunganui All Day Kindergarten's facebook page allows parents to keep up to date with the week's activities
- Portfolio Folders
- Programme planning
- Wall displays
- Nappy changes and sleep times are recorded and are available for parents to view
- Parent Teacher meetings formal & informal
- Information and Welcome booklets given out at enrollment and in the first few days of attendance
- Information Notice boards and newsletters
- Forms that we ask you to complete telling us about your child at home
- Finally, and importantly - please feel free to approach any of our teachers regarding feedback about your child
If your child has any “special need” in any area discuss this with the Supervisor. All matters will be treated confidentially.
Policies and Procedures
Our policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and parents are part of the review process.
When a policy is due for review you will be notified by email and a copy of the polict sent out for you to read and make comment. There will also be a hard copy available in the foyer for your information.
All current policies and procedures are available at any time from the centre office.
Education (ECE) Regulations 2008 and criteria are also available on line at www.minedu.govt.nz or as hard copy in the office.
There is also a copy of our latest Education Review report available as a hard copy from the office or on line at www.ero.govt.nz