News and announcements
Invitation to parents: Annual General Meeting 28 Nov 2023
Kia ora Parent/ Caregiver,
As a not-for-profit, you our parents and caregivers are stakeholders in the future of Bay of Plenty and Coromandel Kindergartens and Home Based services. I would therefore like to invite you to attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Tuesday, 28 November, 6pm – see details below. You can join in person or via ZOOM.
Every year we hold an Annual General Meeting to meet the governance requirements as an incorporated society. AGM Kindergarten representatives vote on financial reports and on significant proposals from the Inspired Board. If you are interested in being a representative for your child’s Kindergarten/ Home Based service at this year’s AGM please your get in touch with your Head Teacher / Educator. We need two representatives from each Kindergarten & Home Based service.
This year’s AGM will include discussion on the possibility of a merger with He Whānau Manaaki O Tararua Free Kindergarten Association Incorporated (Whānau Manaaki), providing an opportunity to find out more.
Whānau Manaaki was formed through the merger of regional Kindergarten associations from the lower North Island. In April this year, South Otago’s regional Kindergarten association also joined Whānau Manaaki. Our ethos since 1960, then known as Tauranga Regional Free Kindergarten Association, has always been to work closely together with our parents & caregivers. Your input is both recognised and necessary. We look forward to your attendance at this year’s AGM.
• Tuesday, 28 November, 6 – 7:30pm
• Venue: Hotel Armitage & Conference Centre, 9 Willow Street, Tauranga. Note: the conference entrance is the entrance closest to Park St. There is plenty of hotel parking.
• Dietary requirements: light snacks will be provided. If you have any special dietary requirements please email email@example.com by Thursday, 9 November.
• Join via Zoom option: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85448735132?pwd=ckVDNWF5ZDI2dFg1TVpVMTlUUk9PZz09Meeting ID: 854 4873 5132, Passcode: 942584
• If you are the designated rep: you can vote via ZOOM. When a motion is proposed, for a yes vote – type YES in the chat, or type ‘NO’ for a no vote.